No grub splash with celena / solved

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Post by Husse »

I am just about to install the beta, but this sounds very much like a faulty CD unless everybody has this error
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

I can tell you as much that it is no general error. If you get this error from two separate downloaded ISO I strongly suspect hardware error (that is if you've checked the md5sum - the first thing to suspect is always (?) a bad download)
chroust
Level 1
Level 1

Post by chroust »

hello, new here

i can confirm the same error on a standard HP ze5600 laptop
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

A grub on a separate /boot partition cannot access /etc. Known bug. message.mint will be moved to /boot in the next beta.

Clem
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

In menu.lst try "/grub/message.mint" instead of "/boot/grub/message.mint".

From a / partition point of view it's in /boot/grub but your boot partition gets mounted in /boot so for this partition's point of view it should simply be /grub/message.mint...

Clem
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

By the way, this is not addressed in BETA 021 as there is no known way to make it work out of the box for all configurations. People with a separate /boot partition will still need to make that little tweak.

in menu.lst change /etc/grub/message.mint to /grub/message.mint

Clem

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”