Cassandra KDE Community Edition BETA 013 is out!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Cassandra KDE Community Edition BETA 013 is out!

Post by clem »

Hi,

The first release candidate for Cassandra KDE Community Edition is out and available for download.

Download page: http://www.linuxmint.com/download.html
Release notes: http://www.linuxmint.com/cassandra-kde-beta013.html

This is the first release for this edition. Many thanks to Jamie Boo for developing and maintaining it. Please test it heavily so he can find and fix as many bugs as possible.

Clem
gman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by gman »

I get nothing from the torrent and the iso downloads under 25k per second.

Will this get to another mirror within the next few days so testing can begin.
maty1206
Level 5
Level 5

Post by maty1206 »

I've posted this release on Linuxeando por un mundo sin ventanas.

I'll test it for reporting the most quantity of bugs as possible.

Thanks for this release
gman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by gman »

Thanks Kinne. Download is are over 150 K per second, which is about average for where I'm at.
gman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by gman »

I tried the torrent last night and this morning but couldn't get to 1% so I gave up.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Ubuntu and Mint are addressing common problems one by one. Both distributions should soon include the upcoming Xorg 1.3 and a screen resolution tool that pops up before gdm so this shouldn't be an issue for long. You can count on Dell to also put more pressure on ATI and nVidia in the future.

Clem
ido
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ido »

Thanks Kinne, I left the computer overnight working on the download from the original site and it failed. Now I have the iso thanks to your site. I will try testing the Beta tonight.
Thanks Boo for all your wok.

Ido
historyb
Level 2
Level 2

Post by historyb »

I dl'ed it and it works in virtualbox, but when I burned it twice it would not work. It always went to the console. :(
ido
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ido »

It works well as a live DVD but it failed when I try the installation to the hard disk. Several times the installation proceeded wihout a problem until it reached the messagge "...less than a minute remaining..." and there it just turns off the computer.

Well... just a minute, is not so funny as you think:) I will wait a while and I will try to figure out what is the problem. Somebody had a similar issue?

Ido
ido
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ido »

ido wrote:It works well as a live DVD but it failed when I try the installation to the hard disk. Several times the installation proceeded wihout a problem until it reached the messagge "...less than a minute remaining..." and there it just turns off the computer.

Well... just a minute, is not so funny as you think:) I will wait a while and I will try to figure out what is the problem. Somebody had a similar issue?

Ido
I was able to install the Beta, sort off... It happens that when my laptop gave up before the installation was complete it was to hot and I could detect an errror: "...wrong chispset... 915 resolution only works with intel 808/900 series graphics...". So I back up with the installation of the mini-Mint-Kde, open the dvd with my beta013 and borrowed the list of packages from the manifests and the new sources.list. The last one was the same that I had in the "mini" but with feisty instead of edgy. I updated the sources.list and did the usual sudo apt-get update, upgrade, dist-upgrade, and rebooted. Then, I used the manifest lists to install the missing packages specially mintinstall and removed the remains of koffice
and the troublemaker (for me) "915resolution". By the way my laptop has a mobile intel P4 2.8GHz with and ati radeon mobility 7000IGP -an oldy-.
Now Mint-KDE-Beta is running nicely even if I still have to install some
important packages such as openoffice.org.

Ido

Return to “Releases & Announcements”