Samba

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Post by Husse »

A point besides your problem, I believe the last integer should be 2 - at least if ti is not a networked drive it should.
man fstab
You mount in your home folder and then it should be "your disk"
Try
defaults,user
it's not logical but still.
And if you try to save with sudo, whats the result?
Samba can be a real pain in.....
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

First off I apologize for being braindead for a moment. The disk I suggested you put a 2 as last digit is a networked one and should have 0 - networked did not reach the working parts of my brain :)
Yes NFS is better I have no experience but according to scorp123 who has experience Samba is hell to set up, but you can't connect to Windows with NFS without (expensive) proprietary M$ software
This thread is useful:
http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... mba&t=3413
You might even find the solution
Husse

Post by Husse »

The digit "2" tells fsck in what order to check the disks, so it has nothing to do with your problem, but on a normal disks root should have 1 and all other 2. 0 (zero) tells fsck not to check, which of course is the right thing for a networked drive. To have zero on a normal disk would however not be advisable.

Return to “Networking”