SOLVED auto log on

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
npap
Level 6
Level 6

auto log on

Post by npap »

Hello pfmrof,
How did you set the auto login option?
Here is what I did and it works.:
Menu>MintConfig>Desktop>Login Window.
On the Security tab, select Enable Automatic Login. In the user option type your user name. Close window.

Greetings, Npap
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sanguinemoon
Level 2
Level 2

Post by sanguinemoon »

npap is correct on how to do it, but I recommend against it for a couple reasons.If something goes wrong with Gnome, or your desktop environment of choice, this will make it harder to get just get an xterminal session to make repairs. 2) This is less secure than logging in with a user name and password.

Myself, I'd be troubled if a distro did have auto login enabled by default and would raise hell with devs. Of course, I'd get instructions on how disable auto-in, which I already know and that wouldn't be the point.
npap
Level 6
Level 6

SOLVED auto log on

Post by npap »

Hi pfmrof,
I myself had to switch to the automatic login option because of problems:
For some peculiar reason, my PC most of the time freezes at login. In that case I can only boot in a safe mode. (there are several options for this in the grub menu, if you press E in your keyboard and then B for boot afterwards).

I tried all kinds of tricks, but I never found the real reason for the login problem.

Regards,Npap

Return to “Other topics”