Moving the home folder

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SpudGun

Moving the home folder

Post by SpudGun »

Is it possible to move the home folder to another drive after the os has been installed? :mrgreen:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Moving the home folder

Post by Husse »

Absolutely
Take a look at the wiki
http://www.linuxmint.com/wiki/index.php ... _partition
It makes no difference if the partition is on the same or another disk.
If you already have home in a separate partition you would still do basically the same
SpudGun

Re: Moving the home folder

Post by SpudGun »

Thank you, i'll study this in depth tomorrow, i think i need to get my drive to auto mount first, i formated it with all the default settings of gparted, but now i don't have permission to write to it either so i think i got a bit more learning to do first. :mrgreen:

Return to “Beginner Questions”