Best version for Asus EEEPC?

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
xvedejas

Best version for Asus EEEPC?

Post by xvedejas »

I was wondering which mint version people have had the most success with installing and running on the Asus EEEPC, which I am considering buying. I also want to know if the wireless drivers will be preinstalled or if I will have to do anything. Any guides to installing the system would also be helpful; I plan on installing it using a 2GB flash drive or maybe a USB external hard drive if I can get my hands on one. I'm comfortable using gnome, xfce, or fluxbox, but which of the three do you think I should use? Also, should I wait for mint 5.0?

Thanks for any help,

XVedejas
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Best version for Asus EEEPC?

Post by Husse »

Well, ASUS uses a heavily tweaked Xandros
I'm not sure if we can tweak Mint this way...
I would recommend the least resource demanding version (which would be Fluxbox even if this beta has it's peculiarities)
The rest is pure speculation.....
xvedejas

Post by xvedejas »

Well, since I've seen someone run ubuntu gutsy with gnome and compiz quite fine on it, I think probably what version I choose won't make an extreme difference. I'm thinking of going with xfce. Does anyone have any idea if mint will have all the drivers for it ready or if I will have to install others?
Souseke

Post by Souseke »

You need to install the wireless drivers via ndiswrapper but its easy in mint anyway...
xvedejas

Post by xvedejas »

Is there a guide? If not for mint, at least for Xubuntu?
newW2
Level 5
Level 5

Post by newW2 »

Return to “Non-technical Questions”