Intel Graphics X3100 UPDATE

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: Intel Graphics X3100

Post by Husse »

if it is worth it to get compiz working.
See to it that you have proper drivers and then test - it's very simple to turn compiz on/off
gstreamer-properties no Xv seems not to have serious side effects, but I can't be sure
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Rob Loach
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Rob Loach »

If you goto the mintMenu, Administration, Screen and Graphics Preferences, you'll see the Screen and Graphics Card tabs. Go to the Graphics Cards tab, and try choosing the Intel Integrated Graphics Chipset. It worked for my laptop running the Mobile Intel 965GM Express Chipset. If that doesn't work, play around with trying the other drivers available.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

when you get into your desktop, stop the xserver (your desktop environment) I don't remember the exact command off the top of my head, i think it's something like

Code: Select all

stop xserver
in console, someone knows the command, and then when you are in the command line interface, enter this

sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
that will restore your original xorg file, the default that Mint ships out with, then you start to work on the original issue again.
As for a solution to that, not sure, never used intel gfx cards. Now if it was an ATI card, that I could get you going with :lol: :mrgreen:
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Intel Graphics X3100 SOLVED!

Post by MagnusB »

That card is finely supported with 3D (intel driver), you just need a simple script (something like compiz --replace force or something) I found it over at ThinkWiki, but I can't seem to find it again. Try searching their wiki
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Intel Graphics X3100 SOLVED!

Post by MagnusB »

I'm not sure, as I said I wasn't able to find it, but I used it with great success in Mint and Ubuntu. Can't say that anything has changed the few months since I last used it, but I might be wrong. Maybe the blacklisted card list in Compiz is new, I have no idea...
--Dean Martin
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Intel Graphics X3100 UPDATE

Post by MagnusB »

Sorry to revive this old topic, but if OT is still around I finally found the script I was talking about:

#!/bin/sh
SKIP_CHECKS=yes compiz --replace
Save this in a file called x3100.sh or compiz.sh or whatever, then run it from a terminal window:

sh /path/to/file/compiz.sh
If you want to autostart compiz on boot, just add this to the Sessions dialog.
--Dean Martin
Husse

Post by Husse »

Also check this out - I just answered the same question in another topic
http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... 282#p74282
Not even I can keep up with all different topics.... :)
Lovetz

Post by Lovetz »

I have notebook Dell Vostro 500 with this graphic card. Compiz work fine on LinuxMint6. But when I trying to run Sauerbraten, it`s does`t run( In readme for this game I found, that it doesn`t work with MESA drivers for graphic cards. In glxinfo I see that I have MESA drivers. How can I change MESA drivers to another and where I can get them?
Husse

Post by Husse »

Yeah - please start a new topic - you can't be certain to even get noticed if you add yourself to something that has been inactive for half a year

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”