Gnome Context menu "Upload" is a no show.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MeansWell

Gnome Context menu "Upload" is a no show.

Post by MeansWell »

A problem for me - I was doing a little light reading of the new user guide and discovered a marvellous feature called Upload.
of course it tried to get it to work :wink:
Problem - It doesn't appear as an option for me in context right click menus.
I've checked the nautilus options and everything there appears to be in order - with links to the appropriate directories etc.

I'm thinking the problem lies with Gnome - somewhere - just can't seem to guess which setting to tweak.

Any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Gnome Context menu "Upload" is a no show.

Post by Husse »

Which version of Mint - the upload function came with Daryna (or was it Celena?)
MeansWell

Post by MeansWell »

Version is Daryna (4-Gnome:-)
Husse

Post by Husse »

You find this in Nautilus actions (not quite sure what it's called in english - that's the downside of localized versions)
Edit or add
First tab
Label Upload
Tooltip Upload to the Internet to share it easily
Icon gtk-sort-ascending
Path /usr/lib/linuxmint/mintUpload/mintUpload.py
Parameters %d/%f
second tab Conditions
Filename *
Mimetypes */*
Mark Show only files
third tab
Tick local files
MeansWell

Post by MeansWell »

Thanks for looking about H... But i have a slightly different set of Key values. The key name is weirdo numbers: /apps/nautilus-actions/configurations/f510b586-3c37-4025-9e97-5781857e901f
The nautilus actions is err, blank... and appears to have been replaced by the key above as an addendum. This is probably my fault, for trying to customize stuff.
That 'configurations' seems to be the trouble. i'd dearly like to dig it out of the string - but I'm a tad wary of that sort of behaviour, as you can probably guess.
Anyhow, it appears to be missing the Tab references and if I'm meant to put them in, the values are escaping me:-)
For instance the First and second Tabs are either missing or not appearing as tabs. I mention both because I'm unsure whether first and second tabs are meant to be there in the list with values or are meant to be tabs in the screen detailing the actions.
The other alternative is that you're suggesting I add those keys and invent some values for them?
Husse

Post by Husse »

Does this make it any clearer? The test is mostly swedish (Villkor = Conditions ther rest I think is self explanatory)
"Upload".png
Nautilus.png
meansWell

Post by meansWell »

Well----- it's clear enough in itself - however I'm missing something (undoubtedly some or all of my brain) and it's completely obvious.
Let me explain - I can't get to see any screen material that matched your screen shots.
I can see the detail in the nautilus-actions in the configuration editor - But I suspect I've missed the simple way to populate that set of values - which is where your screen shots are from.
Can you outline the steps you take - what to click on to actually get to those screen shots with their tabs that matter, please?

That's the missing piece of the puzzle for me. I guess as always, there's a simple solution to all this and I've gone straight past it.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Hmm - Nautilus actions can be found in the menu - just type nau in the search field (filter)
You seem to have used the gconf editor...
MeansWell

Post by MeansWell »

Bingo!!
Thanks very much for you assistance, H.
the problem has an extremely simple solution - I didn't have nautilus-actions installed.

That's why it didn't front up - Duh... :oops:
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

Code: Select all

apt install nautilus-action
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
Husse

Post by Husse »

I didn't have nautilus-actions installed.
Installed by default in Daryna (I think...) but not earlier versions
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

One of the updates removes Nautilus Scripts, that is why it is missing and needs reinstalled.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Damn - you don't happen to know which one?
My system is (probably) up to date and does not have the problem

Return to “MATE”