Mint 5 and the AR5212 card

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Mint 5 and the AR5212 card

Post by 67GTA »

3oad the live CD, and post the output of

Code: Select all

lspci
from a terminal.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 67GTA »

It looks like this is from a live CD. It is hard to get wireless cards working with a live CD. I have seen these cards work. If you are adventurous, install Mint, and we will help you get your wireless card working.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 67GTA »

There are a lot of wireless problems due to the new kernel in Elyssa/Hardy. Most of the ones that worked out of the box in Daryna/Gutsy don't now, and need some workarounds, but it is possible. I have an Atheros ar5007 that worked with Daryna, but not with Elyssa. I have to use ndiswrapper to make it work. You might post at the Ubuntu forums, or search for your card there. You might be able to verify it works before installing.
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

For 82573L Gigabit Ethernet run this in terminal.

sudo depmod -r e1000
sudo depmod e1000
My Atheros never works on the live cd, but once installed it works fine.
02:04.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR5212/AR5213 Multiprotocol MAC/baseband processor (rev 01)
If it's not woring on install make sure to have these installed.(reboot after installation.)
  • linux-restricted-modules
    linux-restricted-modules-2.6.24-16-generic
    linux-restricted-modules-common
    linux-restricted-modules-generic
If that doesn't work you need to install your driver with Ndiswrapper.

You get more info with this command:

lshw -C network

Return to “Networking”