GStreamer Failed@

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: GStreamer Failed@

Post by 67GTA »

I had this error once with Ubuntu, and wound up having to reinstall. Try

Code: Select all

sudo /etc/init.d/alsa-utils restart
in a terminal.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 67GTA »

You might try reloading the alsa modules. Run these one at a time from a terminal:

cd /usr/src

sudo module-assistant update

sudo module-assistant prepare

sudo module-assistant auto-install alsa
You will have to reboot to check. Did you update the kernel? What's the output of

uname -r
from a terminal. If you have updated the kernel, then it might be possible to boot using an older kernel at the grub menu and your sound might work.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
srkelley

Post by srkelley »

67GTA wrote:You might try reloading the alsa modules. Run these one at a time from a terminal:

cd /usr/src

sudo module-assistant update

sudo module-assistant prepare

sudo module-assistant auto-install alsa
You will have to reboot to check. Did you update the kernel? What's the output of

uname -r
from a terminal. If you have updated the kernel, then it might be possible to boot using an older kernel at the grub menu and your sound might work.
I've had the same problem with sound and followed your advice in the previous post and inthis one. On the 4th command I received this message:
"Build of the package alsa-source failed! How do you wish to │
│ proceed?"

My options are to "VIEW Examine the build log file"
"CONTINUE Skip and continue with the next operation"
"STOP Stop processing the build commands"

Which one should I pick, I'm going to pickview in about 30 minutes. Can anyone out there help me?
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 67GTA »

Choose to view the log files and post any errors it reports about the module build failing.

Return to “Sound”