Can't Play Two Audio Sources At Once...

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
GuttaMan

Can't Play Two Audio Sources At Once...

Post by GuttaMan »

I have an issue with the audio playback in LM 5, I can't seem to be able to have two different audio sources play simultaneously. Like if I have a YouTube video playing, I can't get an audio track to play on Audacious until I browse away from YouTube. Similarly, if I'm playing a video on MPlayer, no videos will play on YouTube until I close MPlayer then refresh the YouTube video's page. Same happens when I have two audio or video apps running, one app won't play (or in the video's case, with sound) until the other app has stopped playing. I've searched on Google and on the ubuntuforums, and it seems like I'm not the only one with this problem, yet after trying all kinds of different solutions, I still haven't been able to get this worked out. Does anybody out there know of a sure-fire solution? Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
GuttaMan

Re: Can't Play Two Audio Sources At Once...

Post by GuttaMan »

It took me a while to reply back but (I think) I realized what my problem was...I needed to set the audio output of every audio, video, etc. application to PulseAudio instead of ALSA. It seems like problem solved. :wink:

GM

Return to “Sound”