Can't install Elyssa

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ForeverNoob
Level 1
Level 1

Can't install Elyssa

Post by ForeverNoob »

Hi folks,

Elyssa CD boots OK and I managed to launch some programs (OO Writer, System monitor, Firefox), but I can't install it to HD. When I doubleclick the Install icon nothing happened. When I try to type the install command (ubiquity --desktop %k gtk_ui) in the terminal it just sits there, doing absolutly nothing, as if the program stuck. It wouldn't even give me an error message.

Previous versions of mint didn't have any problem installing on my PC, and hardy installed fine. I checked the ISO md5sum and it was OK. I burned the CD again, same problem. What to do?

TIA
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ForeverNoob
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Can't install Elyssa

Post by ForeverNoob »

Stefan wrote:Really dumb question: Are you patient enough? The two times I have installed Elyssa, it took something like 20 seconds for the installer to actually start after the icon was clicked.

(Of course since you have gone so far as to try to install through the terminal I guess you have waited more than 20 seconds...)
Hi Stefan,

Actually, I'm the dumb one. As it turned out, the CD was bad. I burned the image to a new CD and the install program came up immediately. Should have thought of that in the first place.

Thanks

Return to “Installation & Boot”