A GUI for mounting partitions

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Husse

A GUI for mounting partitions

Post by Husse »

It's not all that hard to mount a partition if you know how but I think a toll that writes the appropriate line in fstab and creates the folder to mount in would be nice
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: A GUI for mounting partitions

Post by 67GTA »

That's not a bad idea. I'm always trying to explain the fstab error when new users try to mount partitions.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
matheos

Post by matheos »

yeah it's a very interresting future....it's something who's still missing in mint... if my memory is good, mint got that in ones of the first release but it was not userfriendly....

in the installation of last verision mint version , i've mount mannually one partition who i've set to be automounted at start to listen music during the process time.... and...Suprise! the system never booted up.... it was a cd of mint 5.0 (and not 5.0-r1) so i was not able to check the validity of my cd (with md5sum (no more md5 key of previous in the repository) so i've not though than my mistake was to mount my partition so i've redownloaded the r1 version.....to got the same bug and tink about the possibility of my mounted partition....

all those word to say than a mounting tool would be nice and it must be disable during the install time :P
kayakaholic

Post by kayakaholic »

didn't there used to be a mintDisk? Im sure there was in celena. NTFS-config works great but thats just ntfs partitions
Husse

Post by Husse »

mintDisk was just to enable writing to ntfs - it had ntfs3-g but thats included in gnome (? or Ubuntu?) now

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”