Minty Christmas!

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Jernau

Re: Minty Christmas!

Post by Jernau »

The preview looks great sputty01, but I seem to be getting a 404 on the image links.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
changturkey

Post by changturkey »

sputty01 wrote:Something i made to make my desktop a little more festive :) The original source image is available here, ill get the psd uploaded when i get chance. Sky rendered in c4d, compositing in photoshop. Merry Christmas!

Downloads:
2560x1600
1600x1200
Its nice, but I think the lens flare, though it is toned down, is still too strong.
Jernau

Post by Jernau »

Very nice work sputty01. Though it makes me feel cold just looking at it! ;)
sarahmarienc

Post by sarahmarienc »

wow, I like it but yah I agree with the previous poster on the flare, for my eyes it's a bit bright.
changturkey

Post by changturkey »

sarahmarienc wrote:wow, I like it but yah I agree with the previous poster on the flare, for my eyes it's a bit bright.
Actually, I just realized what it is, it's the Sun!
akaNed
Level 4
Level 4

Post by akaNed »

Nice :D
Reminds me of my younger days cross country skiing up in Wisconsin...in the bitter freakin' cold :wink:

Michael
Check out my other wallpapers Deviantart
Follow me at identica or that other one
kanishka
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kanishka »

Very nice, it's evoking a road to the horizon/future => Linux Mint :wink:
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

Nice wallpaper.
One thing I like about Xfce is you can adjust the brightness. :)
Ok, back to working on Felicia XFCE CE RC
sarahmarienc

Post by sarahmarienc »

sputty01 wrote:Thanks for all the feedback! I made a few alterations to the original and toned the sun down a bit :P
If your interested: 2560x1600 1600x1200 & PSD source.
dberg918 wrote:This looks fantastic!

I'm quite envious of your abilities in Photoshop and your access to Cinema 4D. I checked it out after Jernau made the Mint balls scene with it. Looks like a sweet program, just not willing to deal with the price tag...is there any kind of open source alternative for it? Blender maybe?
Thanks :) Yep Blender is a very capable program and i would use it more often if i could! Im not quite ready for the complexity of it yet though. Cinema4D just has a very easy learning curve so its a good program to start off with :) (and it runs flawlessly in wine) even if you just play around with the free trial its a really easy way to get into 3d modelling if your looking to learn the basics.

AHH Thats soothing for the soul! Beautiful too.
Jernau

Post by Jernau »

The revised version is even more wonderful than the original. Great work sputty01! :D

My only suggestion would be to randomize the mid-distance snow flakes a little more, as right now the brush pattern (or however you did it) repeats a little too noticeably.

I have a feeling this wallpaper will do very well in the WOTM; not only is it a fantastic wallpaper, but it's also perfect for this season of the Winter Solstice! :)
Jernau

Post by Jernau »

sputty01 wrote:Woops my bad! fixed now :)
Perfect.
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

Well maybe it's just me, but I think that it would look really nice with the mint leaf in it's original colors on this one... :oops:
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
sarahmarienc

Post by sarahmarienc »

Zwopper wrote:Well maybe it's just me, but I think that it would look really nice with the mint leaf in it's original colors on this one... :oops:
I think the original colored one would stand out better but maybe he didnt want to detract from the beauty of the image?

Return to “Your Artwork”