WOTW #006 Vote

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
McLovin

WOTW #006 Vote

Post by McLovin »

It's vote time, we have 3 submissions this week.

Mint Code by akaNed

Mint Carved in Stone by Zwopper

and

SpringWind by raindropmemory

Tell us what your favorite is, and we will get it into the repos

Let the voting begin
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
twodogs
Level 4
Level 4

Re: WOTW #006 Vote

Post by twodogs »

the last one is excellent. more please!
Lantesh

Post by Lantesh »

growingtedium wrote:I'm not much for pastels and flowers, but SpringWind is great. Love to see real art in addition to the digital type stuff.
I feel that exact same way. Pastels and flowers really aren't my thing, but it's such a fantastic piece of art work I just had to vote for it. Of course all three are great.
kanishka
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kanishka »

Spring Wind is a piece of all-around art. Awesome.
badmotor

Post by badmotor »

I'd like the Mint Code one if it wasn't for the hating microsoft and apple part. Kind of immature.
akaNed
Level 4
Level 4

Post by akaNed »

badmotor wrote:I'd like the Mint Code one if it wasn't for the hating microsoft and apple part. Kind of immature.
It was meant to be taken in the vain of "freedomhating" as espoused on LugRadio. I use Windows every day at work, but I prefer the 'freedom' of linux. But then I also enjoy the "freedomhating" of my proprietary nvidia drivers.

By the way, I also voted for spring wind...awesome artwork!

Michael
Tithis

Post by Tithis »

Voted for the last one. Its nice to see something besides the usual dark backgrounds.

I'm starting to wonder though, why do most of the submitted backgrounds have Linux Mint on them? I don't see Apple, Microsoft or Ubuntu pasting their logo in every background they include.
badmotor

Post by badmotor »

akaNed wrote:
badmotor wrote:I'd like the Mint Code one if it wasn't for the hating microsoft and apple part. Kind of immature.
It was meant to be taken in the vain of "freedomhating" as espoused on LugRadio. I use Windows every day at work, but I prefer the 'freedom' of linux. But then I also enjoy the "freedomhating" of my proprietary nvidia drivers.

By the way, I also voted for spring wind...awesome artwork!

Michael
Ah OK.
truerock

Post by truerock »

I had to vote for SpringWind -- not that the others are not good, but we already have quite a few that look almost identical to the first two. It's nice to have something non-black and non-carbon as an alternative. :)

Return to “Your Artwork”