Firefox Issue......

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ElEdwards
Level 3
Level 3

Firefox Issue......

Post by ElEdwards »

I've been trying several distros (but always come back to Mint) and have found that regardless of which one I'm running, Firefox is never as responsive in Linux as IE is in WinXP. There are several bookmarks that I have that open without hessitation in IE/WinXP but often won't even open in Firefox/Lunix.
Am I the only one experiencing this or is it common?
....and if there is a solution, I'd love to know what it is. :)

Thanks! :D
El
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Firefox Issue......

Post by linuxviolin »

I have no problems with Firefox on Linux. Please can you give us some example of "several bookmarks that I have that open without hessitation in IE/WinXP but often won't even open in Firefox/Lunix" ?

Maybe it should be easier to help you, I guess... :wink:
K.I.S.S. ===> "Keep It Simple, Stupid"
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." (Leonardo da Vinci)
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Albert Einstein)
ElEdwards
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ElEdwards »

OK..... these open in a blink in IE but often completely fail to open in Firefox. If they DO open in Firefox, it's only after the screen goes to gray several times......

voices.com
audacity.soundforge.net
ubuntuforums.org
aol.com

How's that for starters? :)

El
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by linuxviolin »

I tried the 4 sites that you specify and with only one I got a problem you describe:
audacity.soundforge.net

But because it's not good! The correct address is: audacity.sourceforge.net ...and no problem! ;-)

So with none of these 4 sites (having corrected audacity) I have problems with Firefox or even with Opera.
Perhaps there is a problem with your installation. Maybe try to re-install Firefox... :?

Also sometimes some extensions may be problematic... :roll:
K.I.S.S. ===> "Keep It Simple, Stupid"
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." (Leonardo da Vinci)
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Albert Einstein)
ElEdwards
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ElEdwards »

My bad on the audacity site.... I mistyped it here but it's correct in my shortcuts.

Every fresh install I do has this problem with Firefox..... and I don't know what extensions are. :(

El
ElEdwards
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Firefox Issue......SOLVED

Post by ElEdwards »

I used Synaptic to completely uninstall Firefox, rebooted, then used Synaptic again to reinstall Firefox ...... and it's very responsive and fast now :) Yay!

El

Return to “Other topics”