Linux Mint 6 RC1 Bug Thread

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Linux Mint 6 RC1 Bug Thread

Post by clem »

This thread is dedicated to bug reports on Linux Mint 6 RC1. Please report bugs here and include necessary steps to reproduce the problems you describe.

Clem.
msuggs

Re: Linux Mint 6 RC1 Bug Thread

Post by msuggs »

mintUpdate still needs authentication support for proxies, as discussed here http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... ate#p96723
foggytown
Level 3
Level 3

Post by foggytown »

Well done and--as always--worth waiting for.

Two small issues:
1) http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_felicia_whatsnew.php Still lists "Elyssa'" in header title, and;
2) No Downloads directory in home folder, Firefox defaults to dumping downloads onto the desktop.

This last is not necessarily an issue, but it deviates from previous Mint releases.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
--Aldous Huxley
Husse

Post by Husse »

foggytown wrote: 1) http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_felicia_whatsnew.php Still lists "Elyssa'" in header title, and;
2) No Downloads directory in home folder, Firefox defaults to dumping downloads onto the desktop.
For 1 it does not help to have more that two eyes checking - I did not see it either :)
For 2 read the release notes at the end - we have made a change in "the making" of home so it could come from that.
But as you say it's no big deal and many prefer desktop I think
-iceblade^

Post by -iceblade^ »

i can't seem to manage or add repositories. i installed ubuntu's software sources package to do so as i did in Elyssa, and when i try to run it it doesn't do anything or open. i also tried to do it using the Synaptic Package Manager, but clicking on Repositories does the samething - nothing.

i'm trying to add this

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/openoffice-pkgs/ubuntu intrepid main

to my repo list so i can use OpenOffice 3.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

-iceblade^, try manually editing your sources list.

Command "gksu nautilus", then navigate to etc/apt/sources.list and copy and paste in the repo.

I did what you are trying to do in Intrepid with no problems, so you should have similar results. :D
knuckles

Post by knuckles »

i do not know if it is a bug, but on my Laptop with a screen Resolution from 1280x800, FireFox start everytime to big. It start maximized but without the gnome-panal and without the bar on that i can close/rezise/minimize.

To get it back i must go with F11 in fullscreen and return in normal mode, than everything works.
ashkan

Post by ashkan »

Hi,
Surely Linux Mint is one of the best out there for desktop PC if not the best.
I'm not sure if I have to mention what follows here, but i give it a try.

1. One of the major things that I believe MINT should have as it persuade user friendliness in all aspects
is to add the back and forward mouse button ability to Nautilus, like Firefox already has it.
There are some simple scripts out there that are very small in size.

2. Conky , Conky, Conky.... It is just amazing what it can do... Simple, scripts can
make Mint to look Sophisticated, Comfortable , Powerful and in charge.
A simple RSS + some System Info ( Like Damn Small Linux ).

I think, the small well thought differentiations are what make Linux Mint so sexy,
and not BLAH like UBUNTU ( No offense to UBUNTU lovers, UBUNTU is great....)
Pawel

Post by Pawel »

I installed RC1 on Virtual Box 2.0.4 under WinXP SP3 EN.
After installation on mintAssistant I filled in root password and then on the next step I press button to see example of fortunes, then saw example, pressed one more time and then it hangs up.

Can you also integrate VirtualBox guest additions?
Tricoche

Post by Tricoche »

On restart or shutdown, got stuck with cursor on top lef and black screen for 3 min. 10 sec. between the mint logo and acpid exiting message. ( Athlon Dual 4200 - 2 gig mem ) Same problem with Ubuntu 8.10 on another machine ...
WMV files not opening in Firefox got to install VLC ...
dolvol

Post by dolvol »

Hi,
I am confronting same issue as in Ubuntu 8.10
The live-cd boots to a black-screen
It`s got to do with xserver-xorg-intel-video
Ubuntu bug 285250 and more...It`s damn difficult
Linux-Mint 5 runs OK on my PC
msuggs

Post by msuggs »

-iceblade^ wrote: i also tried to do it using the Synaptic Package Manager, but clicking on Repositories does the samething - nothing.

i'm trying to add this

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/openoffice-pkgs/ubuntu intrepid main

to my repo list so i can use OpenOffice 3.
I can confirm this bug at my end to, getting this error after adding the repo in Synaptic

ludal

Post by ludal »

Hi,
I'm using Felicia on an eeepc, the screen resolution is 1024x600. This is a problem for some applications like "mintInstall"... The software is just too big for the screen :(
Thanks again, Clem and the MintTeam for this Release Candidate!
See you soon.

Ludal from LinuxMint-fr
arm1e

Post by arm1e »

SHOWSTOPPER!!!! Bluetooth is broken for my logitech mx5500 keyboard & mouse. Never had problem in mint 4 + 5. This is an ubuntu bug but not rectified in mint 6. I love mint and will be very upset if I cant get felicia! Please please please help!!!!!!!
msuggs

Post by msuggs »

arm1e wrote:I love mint and will be very upset if I cant get felicia! Please please please help!!!!!!!
At worst there will be an upgrade feature that will allow you to add new Felicia tools/features to Elyssa. Hopefully though this bug will be fixed upstream in time :)
arm1e

Post by arm1e »

omns wrote:
arm1e wrote:I love mint and will be very upset if I cant get felicia! Please please please help!!!!!!!
At worst there will be an upgrade feature that will allow you to add new Felicia tools/features to Elyssa. Hopefully though this bug will be fixed upstream in time :)
Just been reading ubuntu forum posts, apparenty there are MAJOR problems with ibex concerning bluetooth. Hardly anyone can pair devices (not just mice & keyboards) or transfer files. I really hope this gets sorted too!!!
goosfancito@gmail.com

In terminal i can not log like SU

Post by goosfancito@gmail.com »

problem: when i open a terminal, and like login like "root" linux mint say "su: Fallo de autenticación" but mi pass ir ok. i input password correct.

Sorry for my english.
Goos.
hopetoregistersoon

Post by hopetoregistersoon »

May be its just me but when I right-click root directory (i.e. / ) and select open as root I get an error message

Code: Select all

Could not find "//file". Please check the spelling and try again
even though it still opens it
groggyboy

Post by groggyboy »

The package mint-artwork-gnome in Felicia conflicts with the package gnome-themes-extras. This is the error from Synaptic:

Code: Select all

E: /var/cache/apt/archives/gnome-themes-extras_2.22.0-0ubuntu1_all.deb: trying to overwrite `/usr/share/icons/Gion/16x16/actions/bookmark-new.png', which is also in package mint-artwork-gnome
Not a show stopper. A mild nuisance at best. I miss my Foxtrot icons!
kansasnoob

Post by kansasnoob »

I use an unusually strange screen resolution due to poor eyesight (800x600 on an old 19"CRT) and no problem there! The screen resolution tools allowed me to do that without editing xorg, but I notice that no matter what resolution I choose the refresh rate is always "0", yes ZERO!

That's obviously bogus! That's the only thing I've noticed that could be considered a bug!

Great distro! I love it!

Return to “Releases & Announcements”