New Forums

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

New Forums

Post by clem »

Hi Everyone,

First of all, a lot of people joined our community since we released Daryna. It must have been a good release I guess :wink:

To all the new minties out there I would like to say: "Welcome among us and to our community. Enjoy Linux Mint and enjoy our great Community. Don't be shy and don't hesitate to get involved. People here are friendly and passionate about Linux so don't hesitate to meet and interact with each others. Apart from the forums, an application called XChat-Gnome is present in your mintMenu which connects you to the chatroom. Stay connected and keep an eye for answers. A lot of people visit the chatroom but not always at the same time. I personally leave my Xchat open and connected most of the time so if you see me in there don't hesitate to say hello."

Now, to the main topic: You probably noticed some changes here in the forums. We're now using the new phpbb3, which brings a lot of new features and a new default design. During the conversion we encountered a few little problems and we're actively trying to solve them. One of these problems was the conversion of special characters (accents for instance). New posts are not affected by this but if you read old posts and happen to see one of these funny characters, let us know and don't forget to tell us:

- The link to the post.
- What the character looks like at the moment.
- What the character should be.

And of course, if there's any other problem you're welcome to tell us as well :)

To members of the Support Center: We're moving the Support Center into a dedicated part of the forums. If you were a member of the Support Center you should now see a section in the forums called "Commercial Support".

To members of the Team: The mailing list is gone. We're now using a dedicated part of the forums. If you're a member of the team you should now see a section in the forums called "Team-Members Area".

Enjoy the new forums everyone,

Clem.
maty1206
Level 5
Level 5

Re: New Forums

Post by maty1206 »

Clem

Amazing

SO BEAUTIFUL

Characters mistakes

As you can imagine, Spanish accentuation aren't working

All those words which use " ' " (tilde)

So, I'll be pacient.

One more thing... I can't recognized new post , because the icons are diferent

Can you help me.

I'm not sure if this only happend on Spanish forum, but it is disorganized.

Moderator topics aren't at the beginning

COngrats
Linux Mint apps translator
BakUp
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BakUp »

Great job on the new forums, I personally would like to see green, not blue.....but I am sure everyones view on this would be different, no biggie.

What I really would like to see though is a symbol of some kind on the outside of a forum category that shows one is subscribed to the thread. That way one does not have to go inside the topic to see if you are subscribed or not. I have a lot of subscribes and I can not possibly remember all of them. This would help and save time for users.

Otherwise, all is well....
BakUp
ViRuS
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ViRuS »

Bravo pour ce nouveau forum... il en jette :D

et Mint est une superbe distribution que j'apprécie, très "user-friendly" chapeau aux dev
Alpha-Geek
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Alpha-Geek »

I like the look of the new forum. Blue or green...it makes no difference to me. One thing I've noticed: some of the custom avatars got a little stretched out in the conversion. It's fixed easily by going to your forum "User Control Panel" & resetting the avatar dimensions to the correct settings.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hi npap,

In the login page request a new password, this will reset it and send you the new one by email.

Clem

Post by Guest »

Hi,
Not been on here for a few months and what a difference, really like the new Forums, look so much better and a lot easier to navigate through, well done!
Kevin.
g0lrk
Level 3
Level 3

Post by g0lrk »

Why did it call me Guest just above?
I was logged in?
Kevin.
deadguy
Level 5
Level 5

Post by deadguy »

looks nice and seems quicker 8)
I like it.
mikeon11
Level 1
Level 1

Post by mikeon11 »

i was lost for awhile, very neatly set. good job guys
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by antiquexray »

Check this link:

http://linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=6640

“A teacher affects eternity. He can never tell where his influence stops.�

Those are suppose to be " "

***EDIT***

I went back in a edited with quotes and it took it :D
older geezer

Post by older geezer »

:D I have tried lots of different Linux OS progs. Mint is definitely..so far, and I feel no reason to change, the best of the bunch. It loaded cleanly and smoothly, was simplistic in set-up and pleasant to use.
I like the interface graphics which are nice and easy for a newbie to follow. Well done the dev team. My thanks
Brian
ThePif
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ThePif »

Muchos gracias tovarishi...
Linux Mint is mo' better :P
Caraibes
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Caraibes »

Just a word to say that I am very impressed by the 4.0 release. I am a Fedora user, but I tried it as a live-cd, and it is very nice. As much as I wasn't totally easy on Clem last year, he made a really good job.

Now, I am pleased to see that the upgrade instructions are posted on the release announcement. It really makes sense.

-Clem, are you planning to stick with 4.0 until Ubuntu 8.04LTS ?

I would see a Mint LTS release as a milestone, a very important release...

Just thinking aloud...
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hi Caraibes,

We're on the same line, I'm thinking exactly the same.

Clem
FrozenFoxZX
Level 1
Level 1

Post by FrozenFoxZX »

Not sure if this is a good place to put this, but your registration page seems to be backwards. The button suggesting youre old enough to register yourself seems to send you to the registration page ("coppa=1") for being a minor, and the button for suggesting you're too young to register seems to send you to the full coppa=0 registration page.

PS: Would appreciate if someone could delete my other 2 accounts messed up this way made today, FrozenFox and FrozenFoxZ (and this one after of course), so i can start over with FrozenFox without any silliness ;)
BakUp
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BakUp »

FrozenFoxZX wrote: PS: Would appreciate if someone could delete my other 2 accounts messed up this way made today, FrozenFox and FrozenFoxZ (and this one after of course), so i can start over with FrozenFox without any silliness ;)
Same thing happened to me. They told me I would have to choose another user name. So a user name I have used for years is now gone bye-bye.......

good luck though !
My Linux Distros:
sidux - Parsix - DreamLinux - Mint
Husse

Post by Husse »

I can ban a user name but not delete it now.
The forum is new to us too, I'll have to figure out if that's something for double names so I don't make it worse
And we have to fix some oddities as well...
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

The forums are now using a new green theme designed by Carlos Porto.

Clem
newW2
Level 5
Level 5

Post by newW2 »

Very cool! Much easier on my eyes.

Return to “Releases & Announcements”